Sunday, August 1, 2010

Happy August 1st!!!!


Well, today is bitter sweet, my father would have been 67 years old. I have never stopped missing him. This picture of my Dad and Lady Dei is my favorite; he was so proud of his granddaughter. I had Lady Dei when I was 19, unmarried and lost... my Dad supported me and encouraged me to get up and fight to give my little girl a good life (well that was after he started talking to me again). I know he is looking down and knows his "girls" did him proud. How I wish I could hear his voice one more time; have him smile at us one more time, just have him for one more minute. Yet, I know one more time or one more minute wouldn't be enough... Happy Birthday Dad.
In honor of my dad, I decided to do something I have been talking about but never find time for ... Challenges (Mix Media); there are these two ladies I call the "Super Sisters", Toni and Shawn...how I love to be inspired by them and the creativity that just flows from them so freely. I spent time with them yesterday and was in awe of their work and the joy I see in their faces as they "freely" created. They have encouraged me to join challenges and create out of the box using whatever I can find... FLAT BLACK maybe!!! These are the two challenges I have have decided to participate in Our Vintage Affair and Gothic Arches Challenge, I decided each one would have something in it to remind me of my Dad. Thank you "Super Sisters" for being so inspiring...

1 comment:

SHAWN said...

And your a Super Friend and my lil sis. I'm so glad we got to spend some time together. I cant wait to see your entries to these challenges. It is always way more fun and meaningful when you have the inspiration of a loved one, like your father, to inspire your work. Luv ya-Sandra-Keep on creating.