Sunday, August 22, 2010

Jack Daniels meets a Vintage Affair


I have finally finished my first Vintage Affair Challenge, in which you were required to alter a wine bottle. Well, since I don't always follow the rules and have never been a fan of wine... I decided to alter an old friend JACK DANIELS(I didn't drink it by the way) I loved the shape of it and it looks beautiful!

I alcohol inked the top (which is plastic) and added a little 7 Gypsy's. The tassel was bought at Tuesday Morning. I added lace and beads to give it a feminine feel to it. The lace was Glimmer Misted since I only had white.

I covered the bottle with Cosmo Cricket paper (Ever after) and used the G45 Line Le Romantique Line, a little Tim Holtz, Paperdrama Flowers and Prima. I have been watching Youtube thanks to Joanne and I have just learned so many new techniques.



I really like how it came out, now Lady Dei will fill it with pennies to finish it off. Off to my next project ... G45 is calling again.

6 comments:

ARTful Wings said...

I love this decorated Jack Daniel bottle Sandra - the shape certainly is so different to the wine bottle (what a pity I know no-one who drinks it. There is sooo much detail in this it really is stunning! Hope to see you again and thanks for joining in Polly

Jo said...

very cool! i love g45 le romantique. that is one kick ass penny jar =)

My name is Toni said...

awesome bottle Sandra.... Little John would be proud of it...lol...so glad your having fun with these challenges... you work is awesome !!! now go and make me a cupcake ATC

sweet craf-tea chick said...

pretty altered bottle! hi, found your channel through jo :). hope you're having a great weekend so far! *hugs* steph :)

mamascrapper69 said...

wow this is just gorgeous. i love it. tfs

ggray said...

I loved this bottle when I saw it on the Graphic 45 ring. It's stunning! And so many ingenious ways to romanticize it. I love the paradox of so many romantic touches on a Jim Beam bottle. Now you've given me an idea of what to do when the Absinthe is all gone. I didn't want to throw that bottle away and now it can do double duty. I love the idea of your daughter using it to save pennies - the copper will put it over the top!