Monday, March 30, 2009

It's Monday & I will be at work in 6 hours...

I had a great weekend... I am not looking forward to work in 6 hours! I am still grieving the lost of my keys. I wish I could just stay home & scrap; I'm an all work no play kind of person. But when I do play this is what makes me smile...

This is John in the "Dream Car"... I told him to enjoy the 5 minutes he got to sit in it. I tried to angle the picture to make it have a road feel... of course I had to hold back on my embellishments.

This picture came out really blurry, but I was so inspired by this Graphic 45 paper I love vintage, color, and pattern... Joanne had given me the bird die cut, it was white, so I used Tim Holtz "Tea Stain" & "Gold" Glimmer mist to pretty it up some... I hope I did it justice.

Yes, we did meet the wax figure of our President Obama... he looked so real, I was fascinated that all the wax figures had nostril openings. I made myself use paper & embellishments I have been passing by; I think this was a fun photo which deserved a fun layout.

This is my favorite photo of John, he was so determined to get my sister Pat her "Dodger Blue" M&M's... I kept yelling at him, "She said Blue!" The look on his face looks so stressed... he's a great brother in law.

Lastly, my favorite place in Vegas was the Paris Hotel, I have always wanted to go to Paris but it would be too far from home and my puppies. My favorite part of this layout was the Fleur De Lys; I painted it black, added a gold glaze, and put gold leaf on top of that. It looks so cool in person if I do say so myself. I even used my "Paris" stamp set and the ribbon Cat gave me. Well, I must get to bed, until next time Adios!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

those are beautiful!!!

Jo said...

fabulous layouts!

tammy inman said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, layouts!!!
I'm in love with you new blog header... LOVE!!!!