Sunday, August 15, 2010

All work and some play!!!

I have been working a lot of hours lately, the stress at work has been high and I come home so tired. Yet, I really love to paper craft and create; it's so refreshing to my soul...along with prayer.

I completed my Gothic Arch Challenge... this weeks theme was crowns! My Dear Dad would always inspire them. This is a picture of him when he was young and I'm sure before I was even a thought. I used a packaging tape transfer technique and placed the photo in a slide mount. The crown is pink and blinged out, because my Dad loved his girls (Me and Lady Dei), the "D" is for Dad and Deidra. I glimmer misted a paper doily to make it look like paper lace. The arch is actually a Cheerios box... Lady Dei is a environmental major and I have to do my part in recycling and making the world a better place.

I joined my first ever ATC card swap at THE SCRAP BEACH, the theme for this swap is Birthday. When I think of Birthday, it's always pick with chocolate cupcakes. I bought my first Copic Markers today and I am hooked. I have no clue of what I am doing but practice makes perfect!!! Again my cards are made from a Cheerios box and I love how the image of the box peeks through the pink paint. My images were stamped with another new love Oxford Impressions, their stamps are beautiful... this set is from the Fairy Sweet Collection. They look so much better in person... well at least I think so.

As you can see I have a few down and more to go, I can't wait to see what I get back. I also plan on going to a ATC swap next Saturday at Stamp Your Heart Out from 2-3:30, I am going to make six new ones to see what I can trade them for; wish me luck!!

3 comments:

Jo said...

OMG! lovin' that cupcake stamp. the ATC turned out so cute.

SHAWN said...

These are so yummy looking! Do you have any extras! Thanks for the cereal box tip! I will be attending my first swap this weekend hope to see you there.Take care YOu

Rose Curtis said...

YOur cupcakes are adorable!